Looking for a new podcast on your favorite app you use can be like checking out the different books in a library – there are many different genres and categories to choose from.
As podcasting becomes more mainstream, there are more and more categories are surfacing. This will only increase as time goes on.
Here, we’ll look at some of the most popular podcast genres out there and show you lists of our favorite titles in each category.
Table of Contents
What Is the Best Podcast Genre?
As with any form of media, there isn’t a ‘best’ or ‘worst’ genre of podcasting. A lot comes down to your preference. Here, you can check out some of the most popular podcast categories and links to get you started.
Society and Culture
As you can guess, society and culture are a huge category; There are a few little sub-genres here. There is also a wide range of true-story podcasts that fit here.
- Best True Crime Podcast
- Best Podcast About History
- Best Podcasts for Philosophy
- Best Podcasts for Travel
- Best Podcasts for Learning French
- Best Podcasts for Learning English
- The Best Podcasts for Couples
- Best Podcast for Moms
- Best Podcasts for Kids
- Best Podcasts For Young Adults
- Listen And Learn From The Top 10 Learning Podcasts
- The 10 Best Podcasts for Getting Over a Breakup
Business podcasts have always been popular. Because a lot of business owners are on the go, the podcast format works incredibly well. Many business owners create – and listen to podcasts as a way to grow their businesses.
- Best Podcasts for Leadership
- Best Podcast for Real Estate Investing
- Best Podcasts for Marketing
- Best Podcast for Sales
- Best Podcast for Personal Finance
- Listen To The Best Podcast for Financial Advisors
- The 10 Best Podcasts for Financial Education
- The 10 Best Podcast for Forex Trading
- Best Podcast for Flipping Houses
- Top 10 Best Podcasts For Entrepreneurs
News and Politics
Because of the quick publishing turnaround for podcasts, you can have daily podcasts that keep you up to date on what’s new in the world.
Again, health is a huge topic – with every aspect of physical and mental health having a podcast dedicated to it. Experts give their best tips and advice on how to get – and stay – healthy.
- Best Podcasts for Sleep
- Podcasts for Meditation
- Best Podcasts For Runners
- Best Podcasts for Anxiety
- Best Podcast for Mindfulness
- Best Podcasts To Listen To While Running
- Best Podcast For Family Medicine
- Best Podcasts for Doctors
- What is the Best Podcast for Self Improvement?
Sports podcasts are top-rated, with many free podcast networks delivering content. There are also paid subscription models like the Athletic that are made for sports fans.
Everyone needs a good laugh.
Smaller Niche Podcast Genres
As you can guess, there’s a wide range of podcasts for everyone. No matter what small niche you’re a part of, there’s more than likely a podcast for you. These niches can be career-based, hobby-based, or even demographic-based.
- Best Podcasts for Musicians
- Best Video Game Podcast
- Best Podcast for Writers
- Best Podcasts for Teachers
- Podcasts for Filmmakers
- The Best Joe Rogan Episodes
- Dirty John Podcast Review
- The Best Podcast for Game of Thrones? Our List
- The Best Freakonomics Podcast Episodes
- Best This American Life Episodes
- Best Radiolab Episodes
- The Best Podcasts For Ghost Stories
- 10 Best Podcasts for Fashion
- Best Podcasts for Long Drives
- The 10 Best Podcast to Binge
Podcasts are one of the fastest-growing media platforms at the moment. More and more listeners are falling in love with podcasts. It’s almost like you’re listening in on a private conversation as a podcast listener, and for creates, engagement is high.
Don’t let the fact that there are already many great pods out there stop you from making your own content, though – you can offer your own perspective with a podcast. People will resonate with you and vibe with your personality. So start recording if that’s something you’d like to do!
Otherwise, if you’re only interested in listening, that’s okay too. There are a bunch of great podcasts waiting for you.