Megaphone is a modern podcast hosting platform made for publishers and advertisers. It is currently being used by over 20,000 world-class publishers around the world.
This hosting platform company gives you all the tools to create a successful podcast from start to end. The tools they offer include publishing, monetization, and in-depth analytics stats to upkeep the podcasting market’s best practices.
Keep reading to learn more about Megaphone and see if it suits your needs!
Table of Contents
Best for Advanced Podcasters
Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to figure out the technical side of the Megaphone platform. It uses a streamlined system so you can focus on what’s most important – creating your content.
Thanks to the ad insertion tools, you’ll be able to monetize your show, which is particularly useful for podcasters with an established following. Have complete control over where and when ads will appear in your track to increase revenue.
And if you get stuck, feel free to live chat with the support team, as they can assist you with even the most frustrating issues.
At the moment, Megaphone doesn’t have an integrated plugin. To promote your brand, you must create your own website and start from scratch.
One of this platform’s most significant selling points is its unlimited storage and bandwidth limits, so you never have to worry about restrictions as your brand grows and you create more content. Enjoy unlimited downloads and zero time limits for your episodes.
Unfortunately, you can only use audio recordings because video format is not supported. This is because Megaphone is focused on bringing high-quality publishing for audio ads.
As a podcaster, you will want to keep track of your progress. Megaphone is equipped with plenty of insights to increase audience engagement and better understand listening habits.
- IABv2-compliant analytics. Data that provides verified industry-standard metrics.
- Download tracking and ad delivery by country, region, state, city, and app.
- Publishing APIs that integrate with your internal toolset.
- Business insights. This tool enables teams to collaborate on ideas on dozens to hundreds of podcasting shows.
Listing/Integration into Podcast Directories
And if you wish to share your podcast with a massive audience, Megaphone is the right tool. Grow your audience by distributing your content to the major podcast streaming listening apps, including:
- Apple podcasts
- Google podcasts
- Amazon Music
With its easy and effective distribution and trusted recommendations from industry leaders like Squarespace and iHeartRadio, Megaphone gives you everything you need to grow your listenership.
- Monetize more of your content through the dynamic insertion
- Get the right insights and make strategic decisions for your business
- Scale reliably without outages or downtime
- Access world-class customer service support
Megaphone targeted Marketplace (MTM)
- Reach your target audience across all podcasting streaming services, including apps, devices, and platforms
- Receive high-quality content from some of the biggest podcast creators
- Create engaging ads explicitly designed for podcast listening
- Voice-over host reads. Grow your audience by using voice ads
- Customize ad content. Customize voice or script to connect with listeners
- Data-informed content. Receive third-party analytics to create an effective brand strategy
- Storytelling. Use advanced sound design to tell your brand’s unique story.
Many of the reviews from loyal customers had positive things to say about this platform.
The Director of Ad Tech & Operations stated that the best part about Megaphone is that their platform is constantly evolving to meet their organization’s needs. Everything they’ve accomplished in the first six months of their partnership makes them excited for the future and how they can grow their podcast together.
A review by the Co-Founder of Megaphone stated that the team has been super responsive to feedback and needs. More importantly, they’re thinking and strategizing about improving the platform and moving the industry forward.
The Head of Revenue Operations and Digital Sales at AdLarge stated that the website is easy on the eyes and easy to use. Whenever they create a new episode, and people hear they’re going to be on Megaphone, they get excited.
With pricing starting at $99 per month, this platform might not be accessible for some users, but it’s definitely worth the investment.
You can choose between the following two plans:
- The Professional plan. This plan offers hosting capabilities, detailed analytics, monetization tools, and more.
- The Custom Enterprise Plan. Fully equipped with all basic podcasting features, plus advanced analytics and monetization tools. Contact the sales team to get a quote on custom pricing.
With its intuitive interface and professional analytics tools, Megaphone makes it easy for podcasters to manage and grow their podcasts.
However, one potential drawback is that the site’s monthly fee of 99 dollars may be too expensive for some people.
Despite this, the overall experience is generally positive and accessible to users of all skill levels. So if you’re serious about podcasting, you might as well give it a try!