Acast is a podcast hosting platform that suits every podcaster’s needs. Through creation tools and distribution tools, you can get your voice out there in a couple of steps.
Founded in 2014, Acast is described as a fully integrated, fast-growing podcast marketplace in the world. With flourishing offices from New York to Paris, from Stockholm to Sydney, the team is composed of audio fanatics. They are just as passionate about delivering the best products as they are about creating successful entrepreneurs.
A team created this platform with a creative mindset, which in turn creates positive change. They are driven by their passion for making a difference, building a platform where everyone, no matter their background, can share their meaningful messages for the podcasting world to take in.
Acast experiments and are not afraid to take risks to increase the platform’s success rates. The team encourages one another to be brave and explore unfamiliar territories with confidence.
They describe themselves as having a large imagination and entrepreneurial spirit to deliver world-class tools and services.
Table of Contents
Best for Advanced Podcasters
If you’re looking for a podcast hosting service that gives you advanced analytics and monetization features, you have come to the right spot.
On top of the basic podcaster tools, including hosting, audio players, and RSS feeds to distribute to major platforms, you receive unique audio-video features (audiogram) and audio campaigns to build an engaging listening experience for your listeners.
Receive AI-powered analytics to get the most detailed audience insights to grow and increase monetization within your podcast.
With more established brands, the pro plan offers even more monetization and marketing support to gain audience engagement to increase chances of funding your podcast show.
There is no current integration plugin. However, Acast makes it easy to embed a player into your website. Copy and paste in your RSS feed URL, and Acast will move all the media over to their robust servers.
Acasts modern and simplified audio podcast player can be embedded on any site. As a plus, it will match the theme of your website with its neutral and elegant look.
Unlimited episodes and downloads for every plan.
Provides access to 20,000 shows with 265MM listens each month.
No time limits on how long an episode should be, so you can podcast as long or as little as you want.
Is it video-supported too? They are not video-supported as the team are experts in high-quality audio recording.
When you share your podcast, the Acast team recommends uploading 128 kbps MP3 files to get the highest recorded audio quality.
They also support MP3 and M4A files in mono and stereo.
- Advanced analytics engine to see what content your audience likes the most.
- IAB certified. Fully IAB certified statistics and is brand secure, GDPR compliant.
- Acast intelligence provides high-quality and reliable audience insights in the podcasting market.
- Audience targeting with artificial intelligence. Launch your podcast to reach the right audiences by context
Listing/Integration into Podcast Directories
Publish your show to every popular podcast app. Grow your audiences in the following directories:
- Apple podcasts
- Amazon music
Other popular streaming platforms available are Castbox, Google Podcasts, Overcast, and pocket casts.
For Advertisers: Dynamic ad tools to monetize your podcasting show.
- Supply your own audio, or the Acast team will supply you.
- Sponsorships. Brand messages are carried through unique voices. You can work with the Acast team to record a reading.
- Branded content. Create branded content with an existing podcast or an entirely new podcast series.
- Ad insertion. Dynamic ad insertion that places brand messages in podcasts track and throughout the back library.
- Share your podcast episodes directly to your social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or your website.
- Text videos for highlighting keywords spoken that act as subtitles in your podcast. Pick what sections words are to be put on the screen.
SEO optimized website
- Acast will create an SEO website for you. It is customizable, so you can always change the theme to portray your podcast episodes.
- Campaigns that deliver brand stories through different mediums. These mediums include short-long form audio formats to a non-audio campaign (social events and live on-demand events)
- Building a closer connection with listeners with an ad or your branded podcast as Acast helps work with you to give you real results.
A user stated that podcasting is hard work. It’s such a relief to have a team like Acast who can help them acknowledge and field big opportunities. They’re excellent partners.
Another review stated that Acast is not only a bunch of good, smart, like-minded people with great taste; they’ve also been an incredible, supportive partner during their podcast launch. Effective monetization ad sales, to promo, to an easy, to a well-designed dashboard for uploading and analytics. These podcasters wouldn’t be where they are now without them, and they recommend them to any podcaster.
Some user experiences were more on the negative side.
This user switched to Acast because they were using an app with poor sound quality. Acast is way better. The search facility isn’t the greatest, though. There are not enough categories, so there’s no way to search for fiction of any kind, nor within fiction. They have experienced FOMO (fear of missing out) on the good stuff out there.
Another user stated it’s very glitchy and annoying. They only had it for few weeks but have had to uninstall and install it several times. Also, they kept getting warnings when the app is not in use that it’s not working. Sometimes it’s irritating when you can’t look at the list of episodes when you’re listening to a podcast, and it’s tricky to go back.
- The Starter plan is free with basic analytics and a basic podcast website.
- The Influencer plan is $14.99 per month with advanced features.
- The Ace plan is $29.99 per month with additional advanced features.
Pro: Eligible for more established podcasters. Those who have more than 10,000 weekly listeners can chat with the sales team about Acast’s pro plan. This pro plan includes premium hosting, monetization features, and marketing support along the way.