Backtracks is an advertising and analytics podcast hosting platform. It is the world’s most advanced podcast analytics and advertising service by connecting advertisers to content creators to match the best ads with the best content.
Originated in 2016 with thousands of podcasts integrated with ads. There have been over 40 million audio analyzed. Better yet, they differentiate a play from a download to get the most accurate stat results possible.
Backtracks is designed to benefit all individuals involved in the podcasting world, including publishers, advertisers, and listeners. With any plan, receive an embeddable player, secure hosting, and monetization tools.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best for Advanced Podcasters
- 2 Integrated Plugin
- 3 Storage Limits
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Listing/Integration into Podcast Directories
- 6 Advanced Features
- 7 User Impression/Reviews
- 8 Current Pricing
Best for Advanced Podcasters
As the platform is focused on monetization with advertising, this hosting service is best for podcasters who need help gaining revenue – by receiving ads that suit their content.
Includes publishing tools to help podcasters get their content on the internet quickly and easily to increase monetization for their podcast series.
However, their modern interface is easy to navigate for any level podcaster.
No integrated plugin. However, Backtracks makes it easy to embed audio podcast players.
Unlimited storage and bandwidth. Don’t worry about exceeding any limit restrictions and podcast as much as you want.
There are also no current time limits per episode. However, it’s a good rule of thumb for podcasters to stick to under an hour or up to two per interview.
Is it video-supported too? Video is not supported. Backtracks are experts in monetization and publishing audio podcast player formats.
Backtrack is designed with advanced analytics to bring your podcast to a new level by making decisions based on audience insights.
- Open Podcast Analytics (OPA) provides snapshot time download metrics while ensuring your data is certified and standardized.
- Switchboard. Standardized podcast analytics to work on any podcast episode
- APIs and SDKs podcast analytics. SDKs compatible with Apple, Android, React native, and the web. APIs compatible with
- Podcasting measurement data and intelligence. Podcast and audio analytics are designed with intelligence to get in-depth audience insights for better content.
Backtracks player is equipped with podcast analytics with a provided RSS feed to launch across the internet and track podcast episode stats.
Podcast Analytics can tell you if a download resulted in a listen, as they collect in-depth audio and listener data.
Track listener engagement such as long a listener listened, not just single download counts. You can learn what’s working and what’s not in your podcast content and ads.
Listing/Integration into Podcast Directories
This podcasting platform utilizes the best analytics and monetization tools. With that being said, Backtracks is not equipped with distribution into podcast directories.
- Launch a podcast with targeted ads to specific podcast niches or topics to reach your target market
- Verified podcast analytics.
- Fraud discovery and removal. It eliminates fraud, bot traffic and only allows real listeners to be set data (listeners who listen twice doesn’t count as metrics) to have accurate analytic results.
Advertiser provided ads
- You can read your ad copy during a podcast episode. By providing your own audio, you give a personalized advertisement that makes you authentic for encouraging sales.
- Backtracks will optimize your podcast and place your ads in the most relative places in your track.
Customizable podcast audio player
- Embed your podcast on any site
- Custom design it to fit your podcast’s brand
- Increase SEO ranking with audio SEO
- Restricted sharing to share what you want
Drag and drop audio engagement (SDKs)
- Backtracks work across Apple products and Android products.
- It covers you with audio and podcast SDKs, sample code, and demo apps.
An article wrote a fantastic experience with Backtracks on a podcasting company as follows. Backtracks raised an enormous round in financial support of its work by providing these podcasters with listener metrics. For example, The Austin-based startup landed $2.1 million in a round led by Moonshots Capital.
The detailed analytics are to credit for, as these metrics can aid content creation and advertisement placement.
One review stated a more negative experience using Backtracks.
While they have a slick, professional-looking website, it’s decidedly glitchy – logging in after creating an account is an exercise in frustration, frequently resulting in this message: This account is not activated, is locked, or you do not have access to this Backtracks module. Please log in to access this page.
This user stated that their password resets don’t show up for 20 or 30 minutes after requesting. When I tried to use the only contact form on the website I could find to tell them about the problem, using the email address I signed up with, they rejected it because they don’t accept emails from Gmail addresses. A site search reveals no link to support staff.
Depending on what you want to receive out of using Backtracks, you click “Let’s Talk” and describe what your company is looking to get out of your plan. The sales team will contact you with what quality tools they can offer you.
Plans start at $49 per month and go up to $249 per month. Although it’s on the pricier side, you can decide if it’s worth it based on your podcasting needs.